XlynX is working with medical mask manufacturers to enhance the safety and effectiveness of their personal protective equipment.
- Designed for medical PPE and other healthcare applications.
- Easy to bond permanently to polymer fabrics or surfaces with moderate heating or near-UV light. Melt blown/spun bond poly-propylene (PP); Polyethylene (HDPE/LDPE/UHMWPE); polyurethanes; and many other polymers.
- Kills bacteria, viruses, fungi on contact (μs to ms). Unlikely to induce mutation.
- Preserves bulk properties of the fabric. Treated at very low concentrations (˂ 1wt%).
- Provides continuous pathogen sterilization during use. Remains active when exposed to light.
- Suitable for multiple uses or long term use. Does not wash off treated fabrics or surfaces.
- Safe and environmentally friendly. Does not leach into the environment.